For the legal team at Equans, we are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel for our Smart Buildings Division (mainly located in Brussels, with the possibility of driving occasionally to Aartselaar or Nivelles).
Every day, we work on large infrastructure and other future projects.
Whether it is heat network projects, large construction projects or another prestigious project, as a Legal Counsel, you see around you every day the result and impact of your work.
This job offers you challenge, autonomy and a good work-life balance … What else? Find out below!
Your main responsibilities are:
- analyze (public and private) tender documents (particularly during the tender phase) and provide practical advice (also during the execution phase)
- drafting, negotiating, and overseeing various agreements, including complex contracts and transactions, construction contracts, joint venture agreements, maintenance contracts, shareholders' agreements,…
- provide practical legal advice on various legal issues related to all activities of Equans (construction law, contract law, public procurement, company law,…)
- monitor national and international disputes involving Equans
Do you possess the following competencies & talents? Then you are the colleague we are looking for!
- you have a master’s degree in law
- you have at least 12 years of experience as a lawyer and as a corporate lawyer
- you have experience or interest in contract law, construction law and public procurement
- you have talent for and interest in negotiating complex contracts and transactions
- you are interested in and understand the non-legal aspects of a project: technical, commercial, financial and strategic aspects
- you have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- you are proactive, positive, pragmatic and have an open mind
- you are assertive, confident, a real team player and you can work autonomously at the same time
- you speak and write fluently Dutch and English and understand at least French
Want to tackle tomorrow’s multi-technical challenges with us?
Then join our experts in the various innovative and exciting projects of Equans. You get the opportunity to use your technical skills as well as to discover cutting-edge technologies and help customers in the 3 major transitions of today: the energy transition, the industrial transition and the digital transition.
Joining Equans is more than that! You also get:
- a competitive salary in line with your education and experience
- also numerous benefits such as meal vouchers, a social subscription, remote work, hospitalization- & group insurance …
- interesting training and career development opportunities
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Are you interested in this position and do you have questions? Please contact our HR colleague Karine Paelinck – 0475 63 12 52 or firstname.lastname@example.org or linkedin.com/in/karine paelinck