Equans’ Offshore division in Hoboken is looking for a Project Manager (Offshore Wind).
In this role you manage a project from tender handover to taking over by the client.
You lead the project team for on- and offshore activities. The team consists of an Engineering, Procurement and Construction team. You are responsible for planning, preparation and execution of the works, including HSSE compliance, cost and schedule.
Your team consists of various groups in a matrix organization. You coordinate the overall project plan and monitor all project-related activities. This to ensure that they meet the agreed HSE, budget, contractual terms and quality that is required for delivery to client and in line with the division's targeted business objectives.
The job in details:
- HSE - execute activities safely:
- be the leader when it comes to HSE in the project – setting standards, implementing them and raising the bar with the Equans team and contractors, solid implementation of HSE programs that are already started. Consistency in the business unit is essential
- control inspection strategy and plans - and how it is implemented. Drive closure before sail out. In the end we are here to deliver offshore projects that are unmanned and have minimum 5 years warranty – quality is key to sustain this, so they do not lose value further on
- integrate project activities:
- be the leader when it comes to optimizing activities between JV partners – and the wider team. Integrate activities and manage priorities on a day to day basis. Lead problem solving for items that need resolution. Support to deliver a product, in conformity with division schedules, interface matrix and site activities
- team management - One Team:
- lead the overall project team which is formed from matrix staff. Essential is delivery through others. Plan resources and people to have balanced execution teams. Integrating subcontractors & co-workers from supporting services in order to have staff with the proper competencies (knowledge, skills & attitude) at the proper positions efficiently working together as One Team. This requires great interpersonal skills. Providing leadership by motivation, coaching, stimulation and discussing issues that arise
- manage customer/stakeholder relation (depending on Equans or JV role). Managing customer and supplier’s relations throughout project execution. This includes the relation through JV’s or Equans’ side and the contractual position in the joint ventures we have
- contract compliance & translation:
- analyze the technical specifications vs. issues that arise with clients. Analyze the path forward and drive closure within an optimal commercial and timing window. Always focusing on the optimized cost vs. execution interpretation of contract specifications
- documentation & progress reporting:
- ensure building of baseline schedule. Monitor and drive input & output for complete & accurate progress reporting. Ensure the team works towards the same baseline plan and aligns on targets. Look for critical path analysis to support any actions/mitigations to be taken
- risk control:
- identifying risks during the project phase. Plan and implement actions in the wider team and company to control identified risks. Use the corporate risk management systems
- responsible for financial results once taken over from Tender team. Focus on the right cost for the right product – manage cost via rigorous cost control and define actions were needed
- offshore works:
- managing the offshore works in terms of schedules and manning levels required for the offshore works, including specialized subcontractors. Ensuring all offshore works are performed in accordance with local rules, regulations and procedures. This includes ensuring all personnel used offshore have the correct training and competency for the scope of work
- support lessons learned, incident investigations and audits that can reinforce the organization by learning from previous events. Be a (positive) ambassador about the impact these elements can have in improving the future
- contacts: other departments, other division services
What do you need?
- master’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, marine engineering or a comparable discipline
- knowledge and experience (+5 years) in offshore or electrical projects – or both
- extensive experience in the technical field of offshore electrical/mechanical engineering
- experience in managing contracts – FIDIC preferred
- broad general technical knowledge and more specifically specialized in electricity and instrumentation
- affinity with piping or mechanical
- adequate knowledge of mechanical constructions, supporting systems,…
- hands-on mentality, willing to take up a broad range of activities from work preparation up to contract management
- ability to analyze multiple sources of data, make connections & create high quality solutions, prioritizing the key issues & consequences
- ability to functionally manage and give direction to (a team of) technicians/subcontractors and a team player
- ability to grasp new concepts quickly and to become acquainted with a range of topics
- show initiative, be persuasive, a self-starter and willing to contribute to expand into new initiatives
- dynamic, enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated & no 'nine-to-five-mentality'
- you take responsibility and ownership (committed)
- you work in an international context where working abroad, working offshore, working during weekends,… is possible
- excellent communication skills: English & Dutch. Knowledge of French and/or German is definitely an added value
Want to tackle tomorrow’s multi-technical challenges with us?
Then join our experts in the various innovative and exciting projects of Equans. You get the opportunity to use your technical skills as well as to discover cutting-edge technologies and help customers in the 3 major transitions of today: the energy transition, the industrial transition and the digital transition.
Joining Equans is more than that! You also get:
- a competitive salary in line with your education and experience
- interesting training and career opportunities
- group-, hospitalization-, disability insurance
- eco & meal vouchers
- lease car (with fuel card)
- smartphone with subscription, laptop
- additional paid leave, seniority leave, homeworking
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Are you interested in this position and do you have questions? Please contact our HR colleague Annick Verelst - 0478 88 63 34