To expand our offshore wind ambitions and to strengthen our teams on existing projects, we are looking for a Project Manager Maintenance & Monitoring Offshore Services (Hoboken).
In this role you will function within the department Monitoring and Maintenance.
You manage several offshore teams working on offshore wind balance of plant assets for internal and external clients. The teams consist of in-house E/I and mechanical technicians combined with specialized sub-contractors. You are responsible for planning, preparation and execution of offshore campaigns, including HSSE compliance, work permits, work method statements, logistics and reporting with the aim to unburden clients by providing first time right excellent quality.
In addition, you assist in acquiring new business by sensing new opportunities, providing input for tenders, actively promote Equans Offshore Services and managing relations with clients.
- responsible for finances and technical quality within the execution of multidisciplinary offshore service tasks and projects
- manage one or more projects simultaneously, integration multiple disciplines, prepare project plans and schedules, keep track of progress and budget
- responsible for financial management, including cost control, quantity control. Reporting according to company procedures. Respond adequately towards deviations and mitigate where necessary
- providing leadership to personnel by motivation, coaching, stimulation and representing their needs
- allocating and planning job duties
- managing the offshore works in terms of schedules and manning levels required for the offshore works, including specialised subcontractors
- ensuring all offshore works are performed in accordance with local rules, regulations and procedures. This includes ensuring all personnel used offshore have the correct training and competency for the scope of work
- responsible for order of materials, resources, components, etc. in collaboration with the Purchasing department
- participate in entity transcending projects where the specific knowledge from the department is valuable for achieving success
- responsible for quality safety and environment within the provision of services. Make sure that operations are compliant to corporate and legal rules and regulations
- keep up and expand an external network of clients and suppliers, continuous representation of Equans companies
- support in preparation of tenders. Cost price calculation, preparation of supporting documentation, such as management plans, maintenance plans, logistic solutions and service schedules
- participate in the 24/7 duty on call Offshore Services Renewables
- you report directly to the Operations Manager Offshore Services
What do you need?
- high level or university degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineer, marine engineering or a comparable discipline
- knowledge and experience (+5 years) in managing offshore projects, preferably in maintenance and services
- extensive experience in the technical field of offshore electrical/mechanical engineering
- experience in managing contracts
- hands on mentality, willing to take up a broad range of activities from work preparation up to contract management
- ability to analyse multiple sources of data, make connections & create high quality solutions, prioritising the key issues & consequences
- ability to grasp new concepts quickly and to become acquainted with a range of topics
- you show initiative, you are persuasive, a self-starter and willing to contribute to expand into new initiatives
- you have excellent communication skills and are able to organize and schedule activities
- you are dynamic, enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated, you take your responsibility and ownership (committed); no 'nine-to-five mentality'
- you are able to functionally manage and give direction to (a team of) technicians/subcontractors and you are a team player yourself
- willingness to travel and able to visit offshore assets occasionally
- you are fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing
The department Monitoring and Maintenance is responsible for executing offshore wind service contracts meaning full monitoring and multidisciplinary maintenance services for entire offshore wind farms. This includes the monitoring and maintenance of substations, wind turbines, hardware, software, low, medium and high voltage and auxiliary installations.
In addition, this department is responsible for a part the offshore commissioning and warranty resolution of Equans built Offshore Substations.
Want to tackle tomorrow’s multi-technical challenges with us?
Then join our experts in the various innovative and exciting projects of Equans. You get the opportunity to use your technical skills as well as to discover cutting-edge technologies and help customers in the 3 major transitions of today: the energy transition, the industrial transition and the digital transition.
Joining Equans is more than that! You also get:
- a competitive salary in line with your education and experience
- interesting training and career opportunities
- group-, hospitalization-, disability insurance
- eco & meal vouchers
- lease car (with fuel card)
- smartphone with subscription, laptop
- additional paid leave, seniority leave, homeworking
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Are you interested in this position and do you have questions? Please contact our HR colleague Annick Verelst - 0478 88 63 34