To build a talentpool of future prospects, we are looking for experienced technical managers to take on a position of Department Manager.
As a Department Manager, you plan, organize, lead, coordinate and control all offers, projects and related business activities of the department concerned, in order to reach the targeted objectives from a commercial, customer relationship, project implementation, financial turnover, budget, profit and resources management point of view. HSEQ aspects are also a priority (safety first). You have the full responsibility of P&L with the support of some divisional or corporate services (HR, Purchase, Legal, etc.). You manage and coordinate these activities in the context of the group strategy and within the set framework for one's specific department.
Your main accountabilities:
- you define and implement the business strategy & vision for your department in alignment with the general group strategies
- your ambition is to reach the highest HSEQ standards on your projects and within your department and you put an organization in place in order to do so
- you stimulate cross-departmental, -divisional, -entity collaboration on offers and projects
- commercial & business development:
- you stimulate and encourage the development of services & markets. In contact with clients, you lead the negotiations for major contracts
- you lead the commercial activities of your department
- in cooperation with your technical teams, you are accountable for the technical solutions that you will integrate in your offers and later, in the realization of the projects
- business supervision:
- you define, follow-up and achieve the commercial, financial, servicing and development targets. You implement and supervise the agreed actions during business reviews, etc. in order to achieve the departmental strategy
- profitability optimization:
- you maximize business performance for the short and long term
- team leadership and people management:
- you lead and coordinate the HR related activities within your department and ensure cohesion between your teams
- within your department, you manage a diversity of teams: an Operational, Engineering, Project, Tendering, Sales and Contract & Risk Management team
- you develop a middle and long term HR-strategy taking into account the age pyramid, the competence needs of your department and the hiring possibilities, in cooperation with the HR organization
What do you need?
- master in engineering is required and electromechanical background is a nice to have
- experience of 5 to 10 years in one of our activities (Smart Buildings, Industry, Infra). Also 10 years of experience in a project driven environment (incl. specific HSEQ-aspects) is required
- experiences in EPC-projects is required
- contract management experience is a must
- experience in people management is needed (experience with more than 50 persons on own payroll should be a real added value ) & proven leadership skills incl. good understanding of HR related topics
- you can demonstrate a deep experience in risk management
- knowledge in maintenance activities is a nice to have
- knowledge of public market (e.g.: in Belgium, France, Netherlands and Germany) is a positive point
- business acumen and clear client/commercial focus & vision is needed
- financial insights on business related topics & experience in P&L responsibility is a must
- you have a high interest for all innovative solutions in the energy efficiency world. You are motivated to implement realistic solutions
- you are able to work in a constructive way in a cross-departmental environment and across Equans entities
- you are result & client oriented as well as flexible, motivated, enthusiastic and stress resistant
- you have a very high level of business spirit
- you have the ability to work in team with the numerous players of the Equans organization: Logistics, HR, Legal, Procurement,…
- good level in French/Dutch & English is required
Want to tackle tomorrow’s multi-technical challenges with us?
Then join our experts in the various innovative and exciting projects of Equans. You get the opportunity to use your technical skills as well as to discover cutting-edge technologies and help customers in the 3 major transitions of today: the energy transition, the industrial transition and the digital transition.
Joining Equans is more than that! You also get:
- a competitive salary in line with your education and experience
- interesting training and career opportunities
- group-, hospitalization insurance
- eco & meal vouchers, representation allowance
- lease car (with fuel card), bicycle lease plan
- smartphone with subscription, laptop, internet fee
- additional paid leave, homeworking
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Are you interested in this position and do you have questions? Please contact our HR colleague Eva Rowies – firstname.lastname@example.org