We are looking for a Commissioning Engineer (Offshore Wind) for Hoboken.
In this role you are responsible for a safe execution of the commissioning activities on- and offshore.
Essential is the preparation of the inspection & test plan that will ensure a correct delivery of the project, while complying with the contractual requirements between the customer and Equans.
You are also responsible for the implementation of this inspection & test plan during the delivery phase. During the various commissioning phases, you are responsible for testing, commissioning and error-free delivery of electrotechnical control systems.
You are in contact with suppliers, clients, subcontractors and other internal departments.
More details on your responsibilities & tasks:
- contract compliance & translation:
- analyze the employer requirements, technical specifications, overall project planning and resourcing. Get familiar with the substation by studying the 3D-model and set up a plan of action and a detailed commissioning planning which will be implemented in the overall project planning
- support the Construction department by providing technical information/inspection guidelines and startup inspections, with regards to efficient commissioning methods
- support the Engineering department by providing technical information with regards to efficient commissioning methods. Review the commissioning plans and relevant documentation
- commissioning preparation:
- define the commissioning planning, together with the Commissioning Manager, within the project boundaries – ensure links between construction and project LD milestones are established
- attend/coordinate relevant pre-FAT/FAT, MC and HAT activities and ensure actions are logged and closed out for commissioning related items
- assist with identification and rectification of commissioning deficiencies
- mechanical completion:
- responsible for mechanical completion and commissioning activities for the installation
- documentation and reporting:
- follow up and act on the HSE information which is given via the team. Use of workplace observation system and Safety Observation Cards (SOC) is mandatory in the whole team
- proactively inform the Project Manager about project risks and opportunities
- implement Fieldwire as the main punch item tool. Close out punches and relevant punch items
- provide reporting of the weekly commissioning progress and convert this to measurable data that can be used for progress figures which coordinate with the Project Manager and Project Planner
- verify that the output from the progress reporting software reflects reality. Take action where needed
- carry out work inspection walkdowns, and reporting of all actions on the yard and projects
- track and review progress through follow up meetings
- guide testing processes and motivate specialists to achieve standard results
- create an empowering and inspiring work culture with the Commissioning team
What do you need?
- education: graduate, professional bachelor or master with electrical specialization
- a solid experience in project and/or construction management
- several years of experience in industrial projects and/or an offshore marine environment experience in QC, mechanical completion and commissioning
- broad general technical knowledge, and more specific electricity and instrumentation
- affinity with piping or mechanical
- adequate knowledge of mechanical constructions, supporting systems, etc.
- able to manage good relationships with the client and our partners while monitoring Equans’ interests
- you are accurate and administratively strong, cost minded, decisive and persistent
- specific context of the position to be taken into account: international context, working abroad, working offshore, working during weekends,…
- excellent communication skills: English & Dutch. Knowledge of French and/or German is definitely an added value
Want to tackle tomorrow’s multi-technical challenges with us?
Then join our experts in the various innovative and exciting projects of Equans. You get the opportunity to use your technical skills as well as to discover cutting-edge technologies and help customers in the 3 major transitions of today: the energy transition, the industrial transition and the digital transition.
Joining Equans is more than that! You also get:
- a competitive salary in line with your education and experience
- interesting training and career opportunities
- group-, hospitalization-, disability insurance
- eco & meal vouchers
- smartphone with subscription, laptop
- additional paid leave, seniority leave, homeworking
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Are you interested in this position and do you have questions? Please contact our HR colleague Annick Verelst – firstname.lastname@example.org