To realize our ever challenging objectives the department International Projects in Grimbergen is looking for a Cost Estimator (Piping & Mechanical).
Find out more about this job below and click ‘Apply’!
- prepare detailed estimates in accordance with the scope of work, specifications, and other documentation to prepare quantity take-offs, for structural steel, piping, insulation, and process equipment
- prepare and take ownership for cost estimating of bids and project proposals, identifying risk, opportunities, and maintaining a winning strategy
- analyze project specifications, drawings, and tender doc’s
- launch price inquiries to subcontractors and evaluate/compare different quotations
- prepare detailed cost estimates for labor, materials, equipment and other project related costs
- owner of the FEMS (Equans Estimate Management System) calculations
- ensure that all aspects of the quotation, especially the technical elements, are thoroughly assessed and validated
Do you possess the following qualifications & skills?
- you obtained a bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent through experience
- you have 5-10 years of (field) experience in P&M projects
- general technical knowledge in piping & mechanical. Experience in electricity & instrumentation is an advantage
- knowledge of relevant codes, standards and regulations is a big advantage
- excellent organizational skills
- you can work smoothly with the usual Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- you are able to work with AutoCAD/Navisworks
- you have the necessary persistence to meet deadlines
- you are very analytical
- you are able to manage good (internal) relationships with the client and our partners while monitoring Equans' interests
- full professional proficiency in English, knowledge of French or Dutch is definitely an added value
International Projects is the reliable partner for the construction and commissioning of large and complex multi-technical installations. We serve top rated companies in Western Europe, active in petrochemical, pharma, power generation, tank storage,… with modular construction as well as stick build installation.
Want to tackle tomorrow’s multi-technical challenges with us?
Then join our experts in the various innovative and exciting projects of Equans. You get the opportunity to use your technical skills as well as to discover cutting-edge technologies and help customers in the 3 major transitions of today: the energy transition, the industrial transition and the digital transition.
Joining Equans is more than that! You also get:
- a competitive salary in line with your education and experience
- interesting training and career opportunities
- group-, hospitalization-, disability insurance
- eco & meal vouchers
- lease car (with fuel card)
- smartphone with subscription, laptop
- additional paid leave, seniority leave
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Are you interested in this position and do you have questions? Please contact our HR colleague Annick Verelst - 0478 88 63 34