In order to foster business development by originating, assessing and developing business growth opportunities, Equans is currently looking for a Business Developer Collective Energy Systems. In line with Equans’ Energy Transition strategy to minimize the carbon footprint of its customers.
Equans is currently looking for a Business Developer Collective Energy Systems to help foster business development by originating, assessing, and developing business growth opportunities. The role is in line with Equans’ Energy Transition strategy to minimize the carbon footprint of its customers.
As a Business Developer (BD) Collective Energy Systems, you will report to the Head of Business Development Collective Energy Systems and manage Collective Energy Systems projects, mainly regarding: Heat/Cold as a Service, heat/cold networks, co-generation, electrical flexibility valuation … from the start until handing over to the realization teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- prospecting & managing leads
- identifying, assess and filter project opportunities
- suggest and challenge technical designs in close interaction with amongst other realization teams, tendering team, engineering offices and other consultants
- run financial business model and offers
- prepare and present commercial offers, lead commercial negotiations
- lead the negotiations of key project contracts in collaboration with the sales, legal and operational teams
- build and maintain constructive long-lasting relationships with customers
- lead the development of new business models and solutions by building on the expertise of various departments and external partners
- implement the new solutions and standardize them for deployment
- provide solutions to the issues encountered by the project, thanks to a high level of business understanding and a solution-oriented mindset
- support in setting up the business plan of the BD team for the coming years
- provide structured reporting on BD activities, including budgetary
- support to the commercial and strategy functions
- build a strong cooperation with the operational managers & teams in order to achieve the P&L objectives together as a team
- ensure both business continuity as well as the implementation of the BU strategy
Are we a match?
- university degree in engineering, or commercial degree with a good technical understanding
- at least 3 years of experience in the field of business development, sales and commercial developments
- experience in technical design of installations is a plus
- proven track record of successful project management (planning, managing processes,…) and ability to coordinate different stakeholders
- proven track record of closing transactions is a strong asset
- self-driven and autonomous worker with strong business ethics
- ability to work in a multicultural/multilingual environment
- good analytical skills
- excellent multitasking and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize objectives and tasks
- ability to approach potential customers, understand their needs and present on behalf of the company
- excellent oral and written communication skills towards various stakeholders
- fluency in English, Dutch and French
Challenges of the position
- highly autonomous working environment
- create value, despite the competitive environment
- develop and implement new commercial mindset and innovative products
Within the Smart Buildings Business Unit, you will be part of the Smart Solutions and Services South division. Collective Energy Systems is one of the main development axes of the Business Unit. It includes eco-districts, EV charging infrastructure, renewable electricity generation, optimization of the energy flows and their flexibility; … in an integrated solution, aiming at minimizing the TCO while providing a very qualitative service.
Want to tackle tomorrow’s multi-technical challenges with us?
Then join our experts in the various innovative and exciting projects of Equans. You get the opportunity to use your technical skills as well as to discover cutting-edge technologies and help customers in the 3 major transitions of today: the energy transition, the industrial transition and the digital transition.
Joining Equans is more than that! You also get:
- a competitive salary in line with your education and experience
- interesting training and career opportunities
- group-, hospitalization-, disability insurance
- eco & meal vouchers, representation allowance, 13th month, holiday pay
- concessionary travel, lease car (with fuel card), bicycle lease plan
- smartphone with subscription, laptop, internet fee
- additional paid leave, seniority leave, homeworking
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Does this description fit you and would you like more information? Contact our HR colleague Erwin Verniers – firstname.lastname@example.org - https://www.linkedin.com/in/erwin-verniers/