For our business unit Offshore Wind in Hoboken (Antwerp), we are looking for a Lead Project Cost Controller.
In this role you will lead a team of project cost controllers who will report directly to you.
You will work in a senior cost control function on large, complex offshore wind substation projects, as well as onshore modular projects (establish budget, monitor adherence, track actuals, estimate accruals, forecast, report, change management).
The job in details:
- you will maintain an overview of the project portfolio and the related cost control activities
- you will develop the project cost control strategy, reflecting client, contractor and subcontractor roles & responsibilities, and you will continuously analyze and improve processes and workflows
- you monitor our own as well as subcontractor performance in terms of productivity, earned value, modification requests and you perform reviews and audits of subcontractors cost control procedures and practices
- you continuously improve processes & quality and you will further develop discipline procedures and standards
- for tenders, you support the creation of the tender bid for the potential project and you contribute to the tender process with your experience and knowledge
- one of your focuses will be the integration with other disciplines and departments
- projects include feasibility studies (FEL2), FEED/Basic Engineering, and LSTK / EPCC with subsequent warranty activities
- you drive special organizational topics, such as benchmarking efforts or WBS updates, and you support ad-hoc requests by the Head of Department
What do you need to be successful in this function?
- a technical engineering degree with a strong affinity for figures or a financial degree with strong affinity for the technical and industrial sector
- you have a first experience in managing and coordinating technical projects
- you are triggered by close and accurate monitoring of financial data and project progress
- you have strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- ability to manage many interfaces, to see & understand the big picture, and to integrate different functions
- you are a team player, have a practical and pro-active approach, and are service minded
- fluent English proficiency; Dutch & French would be assets
Want to tackle tomorrow’s multi-technical challenges with us?
Then join our experts in the various innovative and exciting projects of Equans. You get the opportunity to use your technical skills as well as to discover cutting-edge technologies and help customers in the 3 major transitions of today: the energy transition, the industrial transition and the digital transition.
Joining Equans is more than that! You also get:
- a competitive salary in line with your education and experience
- interesting training and career opportunities
- group-, hospitalization-, disability insurance
- eco & meal vouchers
- lease car (with fuel card)
- smartphone with subscription, laptop, internet fee
- additional paid leave, seniority leave
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Are you interested in this position and do you have questions? Please contact our HR colleague Annick Verelst - +32 478 88 63 34