Equans is recruiting a Department Manager for the department Solar Technics in Belgium.
You will be driving the existing Solar team in Belgium with bootcamp location in Roeselare and you will have full P&L responsibility.
- you will be responsible for achieving the financial, quality, environmental and safety objectives
- planning, developing, organizing and coordinating all activities
- you have a strong personal commitment to HSEQ and motivate your employees towards a strong safety culture
- you ensure a positive social climate
- you encourage your teams in creativity, new ideas and innovation but also in new technologies in a rapidly changing environment
- you develop and maintain processes for continuous improvement
- you monitor the quality and quantity of the employees required to achieve the objectives and, in this sense, also keep an eye on the further development of employees
- you detect the training/recruitment needs and initiate these with HR
- you detect opportunities in the market, and develop & strengthen the department's position in the market
- you supervise the commercial activities, support the development of contacts with potential customers and align commercial activities with the strategy
- you have final responsibility for financial and economic reporting
- you are responsible for optimizing the profitability of your department
- you detect deviations from the budgeted costs, turnover & results, and initiate & follow up on corrective actions
- you decide on the tenders to be followed and set the course and conditions during major contract negotiations
- you are ultimately responsible for all execution activities, you decide on or validate the actions undertaken
- you report directly to the Division Manager
What do you need?
- you have a master in engineering, preferably in an electrical field: electromechanics, energy, electricity, etc. and at least 5 years of relevant experience in the field of Solar, project management and team management
- you have experience in the Solar market in the Benelux with international experience in the UK, Ireland,…
- you ideally have good knowledge of the technical market with regard to Solar
- you have a good financial overview and make the necessary reports
- you are good at sales and negotiations
- you are an experienced people manager, able to motivate others
- you are a good communicator and able to work together in synergy with other group entities
- you are strong in optimizing and, where necessary, changing processes and getting your team on board with this
- you are a team player
- you are performance- and result-oriented
- a good level in French-Dutch & English is required
- > 50 mio turnover/year
- > 40 employees: mainly white collars and exempts
- contacts with national and international clients, companies, subcontractors and suppliers
- you will be responsible for projects in the area of Solar
Want to tackle tomorrow’s multi-technical challenges with us?
Then join our experts in the various innovative and exciting projects of Equans. You get the opportunity to use your technical skills as well as to discover cutting-edge technologies and help customers in the 3 major transitions of today: the energy transition, the industrial transition and the digital transition.
Joining Equans is more than that! You also get:
- a competitive salary in line with your education and experience
- interesting training and career opportunities
- group-, hospitalization-, disability insurance
- eco & meal vouchers, representation allowance, 13th month, holiday pay
- lease car (with fuel card)
- smartphone with subscription, laptop, internet fee
- additional paid leave, homeworking
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Are you interested in this position and do you have questions? Please contact our HR colleague Eva Rowies – firstname.lastname@example.org